What is the time commitment?
The internship is a 3.5 semester (including one interim session) commitment from mid-September of one academic year through mid-March of the second academic year. The first 2 semesters are voluntary and the last 1.5 semester are paid hourly (beginning during interim through spring interim) are paid hourly. The time dedicated per week ranges from approximately 3-4 hours in the fall to 8-10 hours in the spring. During the first two semesters the new intern will shadow the established intern and beginning with the third semester will transition to accepting the full responsibilities of the leadership education internship.
What are the full responsibilities?
Along with a committee, the Student Leadership Intern will help plan and implement the various components of the Lafayette Leadership Education program:
- Chair of the Lafayette Leadership Education Committee (LLEC)
- Attend bi-weekly meetings of the LLEC and weekly meetings with LLEC Advisor
- Assist with coordination of the Leadership Education Series
- Organize and attend the Lafayette Leadership Institute
- Serve on the selection committee for the Aaron O. Hoff Awards
- Develop and discuss ideas for improving access to leadership education